You can listen to this post of Allow us to Rethriftroduce Ourselves on a podcast app, with the audio player, or scroll down and read highlights below.
You know you’re a thrifter when…
- You find plastic barbs everywhere you go in your house
- You have staples in your clothing tags
- You have a lifetime supply of Goo Gone
- You had sanitizer in your car before COVID
- Paying more than $10 for something at a regular store is a splurge
- You’ve considered trading in your four door for an SUV to make more room for treasures
- You always have a friend with a truck on standby
- “Thanks it was $5!”
- You know what the terms “bins” means
- Your shopping bags are stapled shut
- You spotted your donations at the store
- You bought something you donated at the store
- You have an endless supply of reusable bags in your car (that you forget to use)
- “It was new with tags!”
- “This should be 99 cents!”
- “Grandma, I’m going to take you shopping on Tuesday, bring your ID.”
- “I paid by the pound” and you’re not talking about meat.
- The price of your shoes are permanently written on the bottom of your shoes
- You’ve followed people around the store hoping they will put something back
Allow us to Rethriftroduce Ourselves is a podcast about secondhand shopping hosted by two treasure-hunting friends, Dina & Shannon. Subscribe today. Follow on Instagram @dinasdays and @fatdontcrack. For more about the podcast visit dinasdays.com/podcast.