I bought the MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation with SPF 15 a little over a month ago. I wanted to wait a while before I posted the review to really get a feel for the product. I had a Macy’s gift card so I figured I would use it towards a MAC product I probably wouldn’t buy otherwise. As I mentioned in my Revlon foundation post, I wear foundation in the winter when my face lacks the color and glow the sun provides in the summer. I need something to hide imperfections and even out the skin.
What I liked:
- Although many reviewers complained about having a hard time matching this foundation to their skin tone, I was able to find one that blended in quite well.
- MAC’s website claims that this foundation will last up to eight hours. It definitely is a long lasting foundation.
- Doesn’t dry out my skin. I’ve heard of many breakouts as a result of this product, but I’ve been lucky enough not to get any.
- This foundation has a matte finish to it, this is nice because it leaves your face looking air-brushed, smooth and most definitely evens out your skin.
- Like most MAC products, it’s not exactly cheap. 1.0 fl oz costs $26.50. However, it does last a very long time, even if you use it every day. A little goes a long way with this product.
- Because it has a matte finish, you have to be quick when applying and rubbing it in. Many times I end up with small blotches on my face if I’m not quick to blend.
- I hate that it doesn’t come with a pump. You can buy a pump for it, I wish they would just make them with pumps.