Welcome back to the 12 Months of Thrifting challenge! This month’s theme is FLORALS.
I picked florals for this month’s prompt not only because May is the perfect time to wear this print, but because it’s one of the easiest prints to find at secondhand stores. It’s also a beautiful print to wear year round, not just in the spring. I like to look for moody, dark florals in the fall and winter, pastels in the spring, and neons in the summer. It doesn’t matter when you wear them, florals are a happy print! And the most important thing about this challenge is to wear things that you love and make you feel happy.
How to wear them:
Every month we suggest three “levels” to the theme, ranging from mild to spicy. Which one is your favorite way to wear floral print?
If you need some time to warm up to the thought of floral print, try pairing any of these items with a neutral outfit:
- Necklaces & Brooches
If you’re ready to step it up in the floral department, try these:
● Maxi skirt: pair it with a neutral top to balance out the print
● Blazer: keep the rest pretty neutral or pull colors from the print to
create a cohesive look
● Blouse or tee: if you want to tone down the print, pair it with a vest,
blazer, or jacket.
● Sheer shawl: pair with a black tee, jeans, sandals
Welcome to floral fun! This is my favorite way to wear florals. These are my go-to bold floral pieces:
● Jumpsuits: I like to stick with a darker base like black and let the
● Maxi dresses: floral from head to toe? Count me in! I like to juxtapose
the feminine feel of florals with a masculine moto leather jacket.
● Pants: try wide leg or slim ankle pants with a neutral top and jacket
Be sure to share how you wear your florals with us using the tag #12MonthsofThrifting.
Stay safe and stylish!