Last month, Katie and I challenged one other to recreate a look which featured a fall staple. I thrifted a plaid shirt while Katie wore an adorable striped shirt with distressed jeans. It’s about time we got our readers involved again and October wouldn’t be complete without a Halloween thrift challenge.
This month, we’re inviting YOU to submit your DIY and thrift store inspired Halloween costumes to win a prize! Here’s how it’s going down:
- Leave a comment or shoot me an e-mail (dinasdays at gmail dot com) to let me know you’d like to participate.
- If you are thrifting and making all or at least half of an adult costume, send 1 -2 pictures to dinasdays at gmail dot com by October 27, 2014. Please include your name, where you are from, your blog or website if you have one, and the details about your costume.
- If you are thrifting or making all or at least most of a child’s costume, send 1-2 pictures to Katie.
- We will reveal all of the costumes on our blogs on October 29.
- A winner will be chosen on each blog and will be announced on October 31.
- You do not have to have a blog or website to participate.
- The Dina’s Days winner will get a cozy fall prize pack complete with a buffalo plaid scarf, Sinful Colors nail polish in ‘Under 18’ ( a burnt orange shade), and a scented peony candle. Head over to Something to be Found to see her prize!
I will be thrifting my Carmen Miranda costume (lady with the tutti frutti hat) and will reveal my costume along with everyone else on the 29th.
We can’t wait to see all of your creative ideas! Head over to Something to be Found to read more about her Halloween thrift challenge.