There's something very comforting about making and baking dough. It always seems intimidating but is surprisingly a very simple process. Because of that this recipe is great for kids; my nephew loves to get his hands dirty and kneads the dough. I also love making pizza at home because the possibilities are endless! In addition to this white pizza, we made a red sauce pizza with traditional toppings. Next up on my list: replicating Gasoline Alley's ground beef pizza.
What you need
1 packet of fast rising yeast. You can find these at most grocery stores
1 tsp. sugar
2 tbls. olive oil
3 1/2 cup warm water
2 tsp salt
1 bag shredded mozzarella
1 -2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
What you need to do:1. Mix water, yeast and sugar in a bowl
2. Cover with a towel and let it rise for 10 minutes
3. Once the yeast rises, mix it with the flour, oil, and salt.
If you have a Kitchen Aid, use the hook to mix everything together, it will also knead your dough. Knead on medium speed for about 5 minutes or until it forms into a ball. Make sure it's not sticky.
If you don't have a Kitchen Aid, knead with your knuckles and form into a ball. Add flour gradually if it's still sticky. Place ball of dough in an oiled bowl, cover with a towel and let it rise for 1/2 hour.
4. While your dough is rising, prepare the chicken in a non-stick skillet.
5. Once your dough rises, punch it to get the air out. Roll out your dough into a square with a rolling pin.
6. I used a round pizza crisper, but you can use a regular baking sheet. Spread dough evenly, while folding over the edges to form a crust.
7. Drizzle ranch over dough (this is your pizza sauce) add chicken, toppings, cheese, and dried herbs.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes